Saturday, October 27, 2012

Learning English - Selecting The Teaching Material

I am starting a class to teach a group of orphans to improve their English Language. What I want to do first is to build up their vocabulary. As the class is only once a week, I would be tough for the students to show improvement within a short period.

To facilitate my teaching, I will be using a video. I think, my best choice is to use the material from Youtube. This week I find a video with a structured method to build up the vocab. It divide the lesson into words starting with sequence of alphabets.
I like the way the lesson is carried out. This is how the teaching is carried out... a. It starts with pronunciation, the students are given two chances to say the words correctly. b. The next step is giving the meaning, the video explains the meaning of the word. c. A sentence is given for each words. In using the video, I will take it slowly to give the students the chance to write and practice the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment